At 11:20 PM 11/21/99 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
>> > His point was not a claim about performance, rather he was bringing into
>> > question whether performance was improving with successive releases.
>>
>> Sounded very much to me like he was just vaguely griping about how slow
>> and unstable newer versions of FreeBSD are compared to the good old days.
>> Dennis will be able to clarify this for us all when he posts his benchmark
>> specs.
>
>Dennis has been whining and griping about just about everything since
>day one.  You can't realistically consider that sort of activity on his
>part as any sort of metric at all.

There was a time that when someone reported a problem there was interest in
finding out what it might be. Now you mock the person reporting it. I guess
thats why everyone in the world is using linux. Its disheartening to
realize that things apparently wont be getting much better.

DB

Emerging Technologies, Inc.

http://www.etinc.com
ISA and PCI T1/T3/V35/HSSI Cards for FreeBSD and LINUX
Multiport T1 and HSSI/T3 UNIX-based Routers
Bandwidth Management Standalone Systems
Bandwidth Management software for LINUX and FreeBSD
DSL Frame Relay Bridging over T1 and T3