I'm running in to a PCI interface question. I have a board that I can select
whether it will run in Interrupt or "Polled mode" (ie - no interrupt assigned).

It appears that when I have it in interrupt mode, the IRQ (cfg->intline) is
set to a relatively valid (0-15) setting. When it is in polled mode, it reads
as 255 (I'm assuming all-bits-on).

However, pci_map_int is returning the same value reguardless of whether the
interrupt is valid (0-15) or not (255). In the 2.x tree, it would return an
error if the register was set at 255, and I used this in the driver to
determine whether to be in polled mode or interrupt driven.

Given the new behavior, should I:

a.) Consider this a bug, and send in a pr (after all, it didn't _really_ map
        a valid interrupt)...

b.) Leave it as is, but check the real interrupt register value, and if its not
        valid (0-15), assume its in polled mode. This scares me the most, for
        someday there may be more (up to 255) real interrupts...

c.) Be told about a better way to check for this condition...

                -Brian