Pete Mckenna wrote:

> Wes,
> Have you managed to test the switch and if so how did it do ? I have a
> FS-108 on order.

Yes.  I bought two FS-105's, one for me and one for a co-worker.  CompUSA
had a $20 rebate on them from 12/26 - 1/1, making them $99.

We attacked Rich's switch in the lab.  We plugged ports 1-4 into 4 10/100
ports on a SmartBits 2000 test chassis and banged it with full-duplex bi-
directional streams between ports 1<->2 and 3<->4.  I am happy to report
that it passed 100% of traffic at all packet sizes except 64 bytes, where
it was still able to pass 99.415% of wire speed, or 591,716 packets per
second.  This is quite impressive for such an inexpensive switch, and should
perform adequately for my 3-system NFS nightmare I'm building at home.  ;^)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                           http://softweyr.com/