Folks, while some of us were at Linux expo talking about journaling file
systems and *BSD, IBM released jfs to the GPL.

Is there anyone working on this as a gpl'd add-in to *BSD?

Is this as much of a surprise to all of you as to me... I thought jfs
would remain a tightly held OSF/1 component that would never see
"free" status.

We live in interesting times, indeed.

Bill