> Just saw it in the news,
>     http://abcnews.go.com/sections/tech/DailyNews/yahoo000207.html
> Does anyone know the detail?

I just exchanged email with David Filo this morning about this and it
appears to have been a DoS attack using the usual array of
stream/synflood tools.  It also primarily hit the routers and FreeBSD
3.4 was largely unaffected (2.2 had some problems, but they were
already in the process of upgrading those machines).  There is some
additional hardening work we can do here as a result of what was
learned during the attack, however, and you should be seeing the
relevant commits going into 4.0 shortly.

- Jordan