i suspect that the ZX346Q has some different registers or something (i'm not
a hardware guy).

currently, my 3.4 box probes the ZX346Q card as:
de2: <Digital 21143 Fast Ethernet> rev 0x30 int a irq 10 on pci2.4.0
de2: ZNYX ZX31X 21143 [10-100Mb/s] pass 3.0

the identifier "ZX31X" is built during the probe, and using it as a guide,
i would say the the 346Q does not follow the same path as the 346.

anyone out there with some knowledge about these Znyx cards who might be
able to help me patch the driver to recognize the 346Q card?

--
[ Jim Mercer                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              +1 416 506-0654 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]