On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Karsten W. Rohrbach wrote:

> hm
>
> i mean, do the hardware people want their stuff supported or not? that's
> the main question
> some seem to choose the NOT.

Hmmm.  You're saying any one who disagrees with you chooses not to have
their stuff supported; "if you don't agree with me, you must be stupid",
right?

Your approach probably will work, some percent of the time.  I maintain
that it won't show any real gain over trying to portray ourselves as
professionals, and it will definitely hurt our credibility.  Some vendors
don't read anything sent to them, no matter what it is.  Of those that are
at least subject to *some* kind of influence, they will just kill-file
whining and complaining.  Well reasoned pleas (that clearly show that
we're not Windows-folks, we don't want their code, just an interface) is
*far* more likely to be read, and not make us look so vindictive.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.