Hi there.
I've got a problem with an ELSA QuickStep 1000pro ISDN card; I apologize if this might
at
first sound like a message for freebsd-questions, but I tried that with no answer and
I also
had a thread with hm on freebsd-isdn and, besides, this is actually fairly technical.

Now, the card in subject is an ISA PnP which should be handled by the isic0 device, so
configured my kernel and I get what I expect from dmesg, i.e.
 isic0: ELSA QuickStep 1000pro (ISA)

 isic0: ISAC 2085 Version A1/A2 or 2086/2186 Version 1.1 (IOM-2) (Addr=0x160)

 isic0: HSCX 82525 or 21525 Version 2.1 (AddrA=0x10160, AddrB=0x20160)

 isic0 (i4b_pnp <ELSA QuickStep 1000pro> sn 0x00011961) at 0x160 irq 11 flags 0xd on
isa

When I try to use the card, however, I get some error messages which suggests isdnd
can talk
to the card, but receives no response, I mean, the io addresses are right (the chips
are
there), but the isic0 driver never gets an interrupt back.
This is not just my opinion, I've been discussing this with Hellmuth Michaelis (the
author
of i4b) and he also suggested the same thing.
If I type vmstat -i I get a list of device and their respective IRQs, but isic0 is not

there.

Now just to clear the ground from any suspicions, I tried different IRQs, so it's not
problem of conflict, I tried 3 different machines, so it should not be a matter of
incompatibilites and the card works perfectly with other 2 operating systems (resp. NT
&
OS/2); I even tried both the BIOS PnP (on the system where I had it available) and
userconfig. In all cases the results are the same.

Is this a known problem with FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE? Does anyone know of a possible
work-around? Is there anything I can do to better diagnose the problem?

Really any suggestion would be appreciated.

 Bye & Thanks
        av.