> me..). WC/BSDI could take away the bandwidth. WC/BSDI could take away the
> hosting of servers, there are a ton of people with servers and bandwidth
> that would take over exactly what hub/freefall/bento/etc do right now. The
> USWest machines are living proof of that.
>
> I'd even venture to say that Jordan (and core) already have contingent plans
> for such a "disaster".

We have more than contingency plans - we're seriously investigating
moving everything to a co-location facility at this point purely for
bandwidth reasons.  As much as we've sincerely appreciated its use all
these years, from a connectivity perspective Walnut Creek CDROM's T1
connection simply sucks. :-)

- Jordan