At 12:00 PM -0800 3/12/00, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > I'm definitely for it... If I can get permission from Jordan,
> > perhaps the attached patches can make it into upcoming release.
>
>I think it's a fine idea, I'm just not sure one day before release
>is the time to be talking about it.  It should have been raised
>before now. :(

This should probably wait until we've had a little more time to
think about it.  The original requester mentioned:

    I am using FreeBSD-3.4-RELEASE/i386 for development,
    and would like to code to be portable for the widest
    range of FreeBSD versions possible.

Even if we did get this in for 4.0-release, it would only solve
the problem for 4.0-release.  I realize that would be nice, but
I have the feeling that it could wait until post-4.0-release.
(I should note that I would personally like to see a per-CPU
value, for those of us who have multiple-cpu systems...)

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer          or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute