In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Nikolai Saoukh writes:
: Current 'unknown' driver attaches with 0 priority, thus kldloaded
: driver is not called at all. And even when 'unknown' driver attaches
: with very low priority, what happens when real driver will be
: kldunloaded?

Hmmm.  The unknown driver should attach with a negative priority.
What should happen?  The drivers that have a negative priority should
detach, or at least drivers with a very low priority (set a threshold
of -1000 or something) detached before a probe...  I know that this
was talked about at one point, but come to think about it, I don't
recall it being committed.

Warner