Hi guys,

We're in the process of porting JDK 1.2.2. Sun has not released their JIT
under the SCSL, unfortunately. If we're lucky, Sun will give us a break and
give us access to that code under a special license. They did that for the
Blackdown porting team.

As it stands, however, 1.2.2 will not have a JIT either, unless someone
finds a way to persuade Sun to help us out on this one.

There are a number of JIT's available in the ports collection. Install and
use those. I have a description that Fuyuhiko Maruyama has written on how to
do that for the JDK 1.2.2 port, but I am sure you can figure out how to do
that for 1.1.8 too.

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/kjkoster/java/content/howto.html#hd03

    Kees Jan