In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Duncan Barclay writes:
: In a wireless NIC driver should one drain the output queue when the interface is
: stopped? I've been perusing /sys/dev/awi.c and the output queue is drained in
: that driver.

It depends on how the interface is stopped.  If it is being stopped a
few milliseconds before it loses power, I don't think it would make
sense to drain anything...

If it is just ifconfig down, then it likely makes sense.

Warner