"Andrey A. Chernov" wrote:

> > However you do it, please fix this ASAP, and be it by reverting the
> > original, broken patch!
>
> I wish but I can't.  If I'll touch those misterious CVS branches structure
> again, everyone shoot at me as in previous time.  I think it is enough for
> me.  Nowdays some mystic with CVS branches values much more than fixes.  :-(

You revert to the original by applying the reverse patch of your changes
and committing that. This can be easily done with cvs. And then you
explain in the commit messages why it was reverted. This way, what you
intended to do stays in the log, and why it had to be backed out stays
in the log, so people won't blunder into doing the same thing again in
the future.

Well, not anyone who has the wisdom of checking the cvs log for similar
changes in the past first, which ought to be a standard practice for
committers.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Hmmm - I have to go check this. My reality assumptions are shattered.