On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:49:23 PDT, Mike Smith wrote:

>8)  Actually, the things that really bother me are eg. interrupt routing
>and the ACPI GPIO bits, since the former is board-specific and you *must*
>know about it to set PCI up, and the latter is often necessary to do
>important things like, eg. turn the CPU fan on.

Shouldn't be too bad to figure out actually.  I've got register dumps
when booting using the BIOS so simply setting most of the them back that
way should handle the intr routing, or at least decode the intr routing.

GPIO bits are going to be a problem if we can't read the settings.  The
boards I'm using always turn on the CPU fan at power-on.  Which board
doesn't do this?  Seems like a disaster waitng to happen...

Still, there's so much else to do in both LinuxBIOS and SmartFirmware...

        -- Parag