Given the recent (and ongoing) discussion about the so-called
"FreeBSD BIOS", which has obvious HA implications, I'm wondering
if there are enough people working on or interested in HA aspects
of FreeBSD to begin a project.

This would presumably include such things as:

  - Fairness-based scheduling

  - Warm (or hot) standby.

  - Warm (or progressive) restart.

  - Process replication or virtual synchrony.

  - Reduced boot time or rommable FreeBSD.

  - etc.

as would take advantage of other ongoing things like the RAID stuff, LFS
or journaled file-systems, etc.

Not that I want to or would be competant to lead such a project, but
I am working in that area, so I wanted to ping potential collaborators.

--
Robert Withrow -- (+1 978 288 8256)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]