I have been using a Matrox MGA G200 and a matrox Mystique 220. The
mystique card has a shot bios chip, so it only works as a secondary
video board. Besides, the G200 is far better to put on my 19" KDS VS-195e. My
Mystique is connected to an older NEC SVGA monitor, 14" at 1024x768@60Hz.

Matthew Reimer had the audacity to say:

> Thomas Stromberg wrote:
> >
> > This discussion comes up every once in a while on the lists, and I guess
> > it's time for an update. I havent seen anything since the 3.9.17 beta, so
> > here we go..
> >
> > What dual head video combinations are people using with XFree86 4.0 and
> > FreeBSD? I've got a -CURRENT box right now with an AGP Riva TNT 2, and
> > really want to setup dual-head with it for programming (after first seeing
> > it on IRIX several years ago, I got hooked). Are people mixing different
> > vendors (Riva & Matrox?) and or AGP and PCI?
> >
> > It's my understanding that there still isn't support for the dual-head
> > cards from Matrox, unless you go with a commercial X server. If anyone
> > could point me to a dual-head compatibility list, that'd help too.
>
> I've had success with an AGP TNT2 Ultra with a Matrox Millenium.
>
> Matt

Coleman Kane
President,
UC Free O.S. Users Group - http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu