On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, [iso-8859-1] Jesús Arnáiz wrote:

> Hi Everyone!
>
> I'm using FreeBSD and I'm interesting in log when a user modifies some file
> and the changes made on it.

See the kqueue(2) manpage in FreeBSD 4.1. It would be a trivial matter to
write a utility that watches files for activity and logs it, although
finding out who modified the file would be harder.

The "proper" way to do this is using a kernel event audit system, which is
something the TrustedBSD project (www.trustedbsd.org) will provide, but
AFAIK no code is available for this yet.

Kris

    -- Charles Forsythe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>