hi, there!

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Alexander N. Kabaev wrote:

> There was a bug in -fsjlj-exceptions code generation  related to shared
> libraries and to best of my knowledge the correct fix has been imported into
> the official gcc CVS tree and was merged into FreeBSD some time ago. Are there
> any other errors you know about? If there are any simple code snippets which can
> demonstrate the problem, I am willing to investigate it further and see if
> it can be fixed. -fsjls-exceptions errors should be fixed regardless of whether
> FreeBSD is going to switch to DWARF scheme or not. 4.x-STABLE is here to stay
> for quite some time and I doubt that it will ever be changed to use DWARF
> unwinding.

this is definitely not the case with shared libraries -- I know about that
bug and the fix was merged to FreeBSD CVS source tree somewhere around
beginning of this year. unfortunately I have no simple code snippets and
have no time to investigate it further. but I have an application that
demonstrates this bug: Reactor_Exceptions_Test from ACE wrappers
(you can get ACE wrappers from http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/).
the test itself is quite simple snippet but you will need to build ACE to
run it. please look at #413 and #258 in gcc GNATS.
all that I found is that emitted setjmp got optimized during flow analysis
stage in such way that when exception is raised execution continues
in try { } block (yes, again) instead of place where decision is taken in
which catch { } block the execution should be continued.
I do not know about any other 2.95.2 bugs.

/fjoe