 You can use popen() to start the external process (logger in this
 case) with the `IPC' already set up.

 Then, perhaps an freopen() stdin/stdout... to the pipes would be
 all you need.

 popen() is one-way though...

        - Dave R. -

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe (370) `C' compiler at http://www.dignus.com