Matthew Dillon said:

>     We are attempting to reproduce the problem with a smaller dataset, but
>     if anyone is hot on the pipe code in the kernel and can give it a
> once-over
>     we may be able to find the bug more quickly.

After a quick code inspection (and I really don't remember the details
much anymore), it seems that there is a possibility for parts of  the
state of a pipe to be grabbed before certain locking operations (e.g. pipelock),
and that state might change.  This could be worse in a multi-writer or
multi-reader situation.  Just a hint.
dy...@iquest.net      | it makes one look stupid
jdy...@nc.com         | and it irritates the pig.