In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Kris
Kennaway writes:
: It also needs to check they are all of the same type, as changing a %d to
: a %s for example could conceivably be exploitable. And you would have to
: forbid escaped % characters as well. Yeah, I think that would be
: doable. We probably should talk to the gnu gettext guys.

Hmmm, yes, you would have to check as well.  I thought I said that
originally.  No need to forbid %%, however.  That's not exploitable
unless you nest these things, and then all bets are off.

Warner