On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Stephen Hocking wrote:

> > > Hi,  I'd just like to say that I dont think non cardbus cards are capable
> > > of doing more than 10bt speeds even if it talks 100bt.  I have not met one
> > > that did and I assume it is a limit of the pcmcia design.  Just warning
> > > you not to waste your money on one if you get near 10bt speeds already.

Benchmarked.... Host laptop, Sharp Acius A100 233 MMX, OS Linux
Two cards same type/mfgr, cardbus and non-cardbus (linksys EtherFast):

  -Non Cardbus: 16Mbps transfer rate
  -Cardbus: 32Mbps transfer rate

ymmv,
--dr

--
dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
pgp fingerprint: 18C7 E37C 2F94 E251 F18E  B7DC 2B71 A73E D2E8 A56D