Doug <d...@gorean.org> writes:
>       You are really really missing my point here, so I will state it
> again. If you have carefully examined the code for *every* case of *every*
> internal service, and you have tested it thoroughly, and you are 100% sure
> that the man page is in error, change the man page.

The confusion arises from the fact that inetd and /etc/services
disagree on what the canonical name for the ident service is. Inetd
has these canonical names hardcoded in an array of structs, so
changing the canonical name in /etc/services does not affect inetd's
belief of what the canonical name is.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - d...@flood.ping.uio.no