On Sun, Jun 27, 1999 at 12:35:54AM +0200, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> Another datapoint ot consider, it seems that Linux (at least the derivative
> version maintained by Alan Cox -- the other one :) ) has now grown an LVM
> system (probably à la HP or AIX). That's what I've been told yesterday during
> a small conference about Linux and free software in France (and where I did a
> talk about FreeBSD *grin*).

Hmmm.  It might be from SGI.  SGI has donated XFS to Linux and is actively
marketing it on their Intel based systems.

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,36807,00.html?st.ne.fd.tohhed.ni

Regards,
--Keith Stevenson--

--
Keith Stevenson
System Programmer - Data Center Services - University of Louisville