On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Chris Costello wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 3, 1999, Marc Nicholas wrote:
> > I would certainly welcome such info...
> >
> > The info in the /proc filesystem in Linux is certainly nice. (One of the
> > few things that is!).
>
>    Nice, but misplaced.  What does PCI/system version/etc have to
> do with running processes, exactly?

Isn't this what kernfs is for?

DESCRIPTION
     The kernel file system, or kernfs, provides access to information on
the currently running kernel...

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jed...@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.