Hi everyone,

I've been following this discussion almost from the beginning, and I
have the feeling that we're not _really_ getting very far. There's good
arguments for and against overcommit, depending on your point of view
and your requirements.

What I do see is a not-so-openly voiced consent that the way
resource(sp?) shortages are handled in an overcommitting system
(SIGKILL) makes some of us rather unhappy. I therefore suggest those of
us who would like to see a change in this area pool their efforts and
energies to work on a mechanism that handles resource shortage in a more
graceful way.

cheerio
Michael
--