> > but what about
> >
> > While ( more data items)
> > {
> >   copy data items onto end of buffer
> >   if full{
> >      write out buffer
> >      clear buffer, copy in rest of last item.
> >   }
> > }
> >

> > I'd certainly not want to use xxprintf() for that
>
> This is what stdio does, funnily enough.  See fwrite() etc.

I do like the idea of these functions...  just ran into a problem a day
or two ago which would be completely awful to do with *printf, since it
involved assembling a line of text through two functions and a for()
loop...  I thought briefly about trying to do it with strncat but I
gagged a bit at the obtuse way it would have needed to have been done.

... Joe