On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> Seems one might just as well investigate the SUN pkgadd format and see whether
> such mechanism fits the bill...
>
> Ideally, the pkg also kows how to back itself out if it can't successfully
> install. (although doing so should be an option, not the default).

Guys, random chatter about what features it would be nice to have in a
packaging format doesnt really lead anywhere. If you're going to commit to
actually working on the next-generation package system then there
are resources you should work with, otherwise it's just wasting bits.

Kris

    -- Charles Forsythe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>