I have two VFS-related questions which are probably pretty basic.

1. I have a pointer to a vnode and I want to get the corresponding
dev_t and inode number.  Is there a non-sleazy way to do that other
than calling vn_stat?

2. The first action of vn_stat is to call VOP_GETATTR.  VOP_GETATTR(9)
says, "The file should not be locked on entry."  But when stat calls
vn_stat, the vnode is locked.  Which is correct -- or doesn't it
matter?

Thanks,
John
---
  John Polstra                                               j...@polstra.com
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron