Tonight while testing my rc file changes I decided to interrupt the
splash
screen display I have to see the boot messages. I hit scroll lock to do
this, and it killed the splash screen, but when I went to log in the
keyboard on the console was pretty much fubar. Every key was mapped to a
different value, and I couldn't even C-A-D to reboot clean, I had to do a
soft reset.

        Obviously this is a "... well don't do that" case, but I'm not sure it
should be fatal. Hopefully this is of use to someone.

Doug