Doug wrote:

If looking at the before and after seperately, the indentation of the case
statements is IMHO bizzare and unlike anything I've seen before...

eg: Changing this:

> if [ "$1" = "autoboot" ]; then
>       echo Automatic reboot in progress...
>       fsck -p
>       case $? in
>       0)
>               ;;
>       2)
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>       4)
>               reboot
>               echo "reboot failed... help!"
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>       8)
>               echo "Automatic file system check failed... help!"
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>       12)
>               echo "Reboot interrupted"
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>       130)
>               # interrupt before catcher installed
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>       *)
>               echo "Unknown error in reboot"
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>       esac
> else
>       echo Skipping disk checks ...
> fi

To this:

> case $1 in
>       autoboot )
>       echo Automatic reboot in progress...
>       fsck -p
>       case $? in
>               0 )
>               ;;
>               2 )
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>               4 )
>               reboot
>               echo "reboot failed... help!"
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>               8 )
>               echo "Automatic file system check failed... help!"
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>               12 )
>               echo "Reboot interrupted"
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>               130 )
>               # interrupt before catcher installed
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>               * )
>               echo "Unknown error in reboot"
>               exit 1
>               ;;
>       esac
>               ;;
>       * )
>       echo Skipping disk checks ...
>               ;;
> esac

In particular, the "value<space>)" and the hiding of the values in with the
body.  I presume the negative indent at the end is a typo...

Cheers,
-Peter