On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Jay West wrote:

> Keep in mind that the merced chip was not really designed or created by
> Intel at all.
>
> It was created almost completely by HP (by the same group responsible for
> PA-RISC), with Intel as merely the production facilities. For obvious
> marketing, competitive, and resource reasons both HP and Intel share the
> rights to merced.

Does that mean that Merced is heir of the PA-RISC design just like PowerPC
is the heir of IBM POWER processor family's?

Sebestyén Zoltán <sz...@netvisor.hu>    I'm believing that the Holy Spirit is
                                        gonna allow the hand, and the foot, and
MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR                    the mouth, just to begin to speak, and
                                        to minister, and to heal coordinated by
                                        the head.

I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.

                 Kick me! Whip me!! Make me develop on AIX!!!