Nick Hibma wrote:

>  > Basicly what I'm going to do is rewrite the signalling code to use a new
>  > sigset_t and provide new syscalls to use it. The current syscalls convert
>  > between the current and the new types for compatibility. I think I'm going
>  > to borrow a thought or two from Linux which allows further increasing of
>  > the number of signals without rewriting the logic, but that's basicly
>  > undecided yet and open for discussion.
>
> How does NetBSD do it? Or more precise: What is wrong with it that you
> prefer the Linux way?

This basicly how NetBSD does it. The Linux trick I like to add is to have
sigset_t always be the last field in structures so that the impact of
enlarging sigset_t is minimal. If you pass a size argument along with
syscalls that include sigset_t, you are free to further enlarge sigset_t in
the kernel without recompilation of userland tools.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:mar...@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/