"Matthew N. Dodd" wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Warner Losh wrote:
> > Might be a good time have a sys/dev/sio and have pccard, cardbus, pci
> > and isa attachments there.  Yes, I did say cardbus, since I have seen
> > cardbus PCI modems that are NOT winmodems.
>
> And MCA and EISA attachments.

Well, it seems Bruce objects to this..  I don't know why though.  If he's
concerned about loosing the tightly integrated sio<->isa stuff then I guess
there could be an "osio" (old sio) or "isasio" or something driver that
remains isa-specific.  I could well imagine this could be important for
older/slower machines.

Cheers,
-Peter
--