"Rodney W. Grimes" <free...@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> writes:
> > One thing I'd like very much, though, would be to have the output of
> > fsck -p logged somehow [...]
> Actually I would like _all_ the output from /etc/rc* to be avaliable
> after boot.  It should be in the syscons scroll back buffer, [...]

No. The scrollback may be too short (especially after an fsck of a
large filesystem after a crash), and it may even be empty (if you put
something like VESA_132x60 in allscreens_flags in rc.conf)

> And solving only 1 piece of output from /etc/rc is an incomplete
> concept.  I really like to know if ntpdate stepped my clock 230000 seconds
> for some reason, thats why this (usually means a clock chip has gone
> zonkers :-)):

Doesn't ntpdate log what it does with syslog? If not, I think
whichever syscall it is that ntpdate uses to adjust the time should
printf() or log() the change.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - d...@flood.ping.uio.no