> From woll...@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu Mon Sep 13 22:39:37 1999
> >     I'm also aware of the possiblity of some people not liking the
> > fact that we tsleep() forever (e.g. tsleep(x,x,x,0)).
>
> I don't have any problem with sleeping forever -- but I am concerned
> about the possibility of deadlock, especially when client-NFS is
> involved.  If the problem just moves around and has harder-to-recover
> symptoms, the change isn't helping.

IMHO merely sleeping can't help if we deal with a DoS. Instead of
sleeping, kernel should find out where all kernel memory is wasted
and free some memory (and, probably, remove/log reason). And, partially,
this mechanism is already implemented in ip_drain() and tp_drain().

--
Stas Kisel. UNIX, security, C, TCP/IP, Web. UNIX - the best adventure game
http://www.tekmetrics.com/transcript.shtml?pid=20053 http://www.crimea.edu