In the last episode (Sep 15), Bakul Shah said:
> PR bin/6509 (submitted in May 1998) already has a patch to fix this
> but it was rejected because off_t was assumed by the bug
> fixer/submitter to be a quat (int64_t).  I can't even get an IDE disk
> below 2G byte easily!  And we are still years away from zettabyte
> disks.  So I don't see the point of blocking a _useful_ change that
> *considerably* improves the situation just because it is not done the
> `right way'.

RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/bin/dd/dd.c,v

revision 1.17
date: 1999/06/19 19:49:32;  author: green;  state: Exp;  lines: +25 -21
Miscellaneous dd(1) changes: mainly fixing variable types (size_t,
ssize_t, off_t, int, u_int64_t, etc.). dd(1) should now work properly
with REALLY big amounts of data.

Should be a -stable candidate by now (3 months of testing?)

--
        Dan Nelson
        dnel...@emsphone.com