On Mon, 03 May 2010 14:27:52 +0300, Kostik Belousov <kostik...@gmail.com> wrote:
For me, the project that makes sense is exactly "making freebsd ports
work with clang", instead of what many have read "making applications
ported to freebsd and compiled with clang work". Please note the subtle
but very important difference.

Even more, I do think that making our ports work with exactly clang does
not give us any useful bits, except putting the port _infrastructure_
into shape where it can use non-base compilers, as easy as changing
two or three variables. Being able to decouple base and port compilers,
and give the port system the freedom to use whatever compiler the port
masters find suitable is very important. It is important both for ports,
to not need to make a rush run to fix after base changes, and it is
important for base to not hold on ports much to make a change.

Other then that, I mostly share your refusal to drink the Kool-Aid.

Finally, someone who understands the benefits of my project and what
I'm trying to do!
Of course it's my own fault for not explaining my goals clearly enough,
but now I know where to point when I try to explain what I'm doing or
why it's good for FreeBSD.

--
Andrius