Lyndon Nerenberg writes:
>     Mike> This is primarily conditional on Cisco or some other party
>     Mike> making the specifications for etherchannel freely available.
>     Mike> The last time I went looking for any actual documentation on
>     Mike> how to format things on the wire, I drew a complete blank.
>

>http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/techno/media/lan/ether/channel/prodlit/faste_an.htm
>
> It's pretty simple -- just an XOR of the bottom two bits of the destination
> MAC address to determine which interface in the bundle to send the packet
> out.

If anyone is interested, I've got a "ng_one2many" netgraph node
type that does simple round-robin packet delivery with no notion
of failover.

The intent is to eventually add support for different configurations,
one of which would be Etherchannel, by configuring the node for the
desired behavior.

If you want to play with it, here is the current version:

  ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/archie/netgraph/ng_one2many.tgz

-Archie