On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 15:55:45 +0100
Ulrich Spörlein <u...@spoerlein.net> mentioned:

> > Stas has ongoing work on a libprocstat, you might want to give him a ping.
> > I'm not sure if he plans to refactor some of those existing tools to use
> > that
> > library or not, but crashdump support is a key goal of it.
>
> Thanks for the hint, stas CC'ed and reply-to set.

Yes, the idea was to refactor all base tools
to use libprocstat as well.  So far only
procstat(8), fuser and fstat have been converted to use new functionality, so
they are able to operate both on coredumps and on the live system.
We still need to commit the libprocstat itself,
though.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE