-----Original Message----- From: Garrett Cooper
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 11:29 AM
To: Grant Peel
Cc: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: sbsize - console messages

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:38 AM, Grant Peel <gp...@thenetnow.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I orriginally posted this to -questions and someone there suggest I post
here ...

I am using FreeBSD 8.0 and am getting lots of these:

negative sbsize for uid = 0
+negative sbsize for uid = 0
+negative sbsize for uid = 0
+negative sbsize for uid = 0
+negative sbsize for uid = 0

any ideas what it means or how to cure it?, or even how to trace it down?

   Read limit under csh(1) or ulimit under sh(1) for more details and
try to apply the change to login.conf and rebuild the database.
HTH,
-Garrett

Garrett,

Thanks for the hint.

I am looking through login.conf and from what I can see none of the defaults have been modified. Does this then indicate that there might be an issue with a process trying to consume to many reasources?

FWIW I only see the messages occasionally in the logs and the console.

-Grant