2011/5/2 Devin Teske <dte...@vicor.com>:
> NOTE: Apologies if this comes through multiple times. I'm having problems
> getting this e-mail to appear on the list.
>
> Hi again, fellow hackers,
>
> First, I'd like to thank all of you for the input and suggestions that you
> provided.
>
> Things are moving fast and nimble here. With over 1,000 lines of code changed
> (in one single 24-hour period), I'd like to announce an update to my advanced
> boot-loader menu. This version (1.1) attempts to address all community
> requests.
>
> You can grab the updated code here:
> http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/
>        or
> http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/download/loader_menu-1.1.tgz

Using it right now. Great :)

What would you think of using the "bw" variant of a logo when
loader_color="NO" ?
Oh forget that, I tried without a loader_logo setting, and it seems to
be the case with the default orb. It was only strange with my previous
setting of loader_logo="beastie", without the new "loader_color"
setting.

The previous loader behavior when an unknown key was pressed was to
reset the delay to the autoboot_delay value. And it also worked with,
for examble, the arrow keys. I appreciated it, like I appreciate your
"Space to pause" !

Do you know why this loader displays "ACPI Support: Disabled" on my
9-CURRENT amd64 computer when it really seems to be enabled ? Note
acpi.ko is not loaded, it's in the GENERIC kernel.

> loader_menu_timeout="N"
>
>        Timeout in seconds (N) until the menu aborts, causing the system to
>        autoboot with the displayed options. Default is 10 seconds. Pressing
>        any key during the duration will cancel the timeout.

Could you add a compatibility shim for the actual autoboot_delay variable ?

> dc_seconds="N"
>
>        By default, loader_menu introduces a 2-second delay before launching
>        the menu for improved debugging abilities. This option customizes the
>        duration (setting it to zero disables the delay). However, it is worth
>        noting that pressing ENTER anytime during the delay will preempt the
>        duration, launching the menu immediately upon keypress.

For consistency with all the logo_* variables, what would you think of
using something like loader_delay instead of dc_seconds ? (and yes, I
know, autoboot_delay doesn't begin with "loader_", but it was there
before ;)

Many thanks !

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."