Quoting Arnaud Lacombe <lacom...@gmail.com> (from Wed, 18 May 2011 22:37:24 -0400):

Hi,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <p...@freebsd.org> wrote:

There are some file systems types that can't be securely mounted within
a jail no matter what, like UFS, MSDOFS, EXTFS, XFS, REISERFS, NTFS,
etc.  because the user mounting it has access to raw storage and can
corrupt it in a way that it will panic entire system.

This should at least be configurable somehow for people who are using
jails for separation and do not care about security. I'd expect that
security decision whether or not to allow something is user relevant,
not developer relevant.

The hardcoded version of this which I use exacly for the purpose you told here is at
  http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/sys:fs.diff

Bye,
Alexander.

--