Hi,

2011/11/4 Lev Serebryakov <l...@freebsd.org>:
> Hello, Arnaud.
> You wrote 4 ноября 2011 г., 6:30:18:
>
>> $89, 700MHz Cortex A8, 256MB DRR2, micro-SD. However, do not expect
>> being able to run FreeBSD on it before a few years :)
>  What is so special about A8?

It is the consumer technology of today. The best people can afford
without being in ARM's R&D centers.

Let me tell you what is going to happen. ARM11 has been around for
years, it will take you a year or two to complete the project, nice,
hacker thrill, you did it. However, by the time you release it, the
Raspberry Pi will be sold-out and will be replaced by an ARMv7 core,
smaller, faster, eventually cheaper. By that time, the current
technology will be a 64bits MP-core ARMv8, And you will be in the
exact same situation as today, FreeBSD lagging one or two generation
behind Linux, keep up.

Now, I agree, no battle is lost if there one fool to fight for it.

 - Arnaud