On 06/02/2012 20:10, Alexander Best wrote:

btw: does anybody know, if there are plans to commit the BFS scheduler to HEAD

BFS is available but I think it needs more work on it before it can be useful; it didn't explore some optimizations it could have and currently spends much more time in lock contention with itself that necessary. I.e. it's usable only in very borderline cases.

algorithm would be a scheduling infrastructure similar to GEOM. that way it
would be much easier to implement new algorithms (maybe in XML).

I don't think XML would be applicable beyond fine-tuning an already existing scheduler (unless we implement a whole Turing-complete sublanguage in it :) ). Someone mentioned on a list that he has a "pluggable scheduler" infrastructure ready - this would be a necessary first step in modularization.