Dear All,

> > > Well, that chip is so broken by design, no software workaround
> > > can help its misery, a hardware fix exists, but cant (easily) be
> >
> > As Volker notes; Linux can work round it. So can OS/2. I
> > don't know the details, but there ARE modes where it works.
>
> Nope, there are not, even the manufacturer agrees to that....

As much as I like ... err ... technical discussion, perhaps it's time that
either side came up with something solid. "Linux can" and "Manufacturer
agrees" are not solid, IMHO.

The Linux code states that the workaround is perfect in what source file?
The manufacturer agrees in what e-mail/article/knowledge base?

    Kees Jan

PS. I'm glad I don't have that particular chip in my box. :-)