--- On Thu, 5/17/12, Jason Hellenthal <jhellent...@dataix.net> wrote:

> > That is not the standard "key mismatch" error that you
> assumed it was.  Look at it again - it is saying that
> we do have a key for this server of type DSA, but the client
> is receiving one of type RSA, etc.
> >
> > The keys are the same - they have not changed at all -
> they are just being presented to clients in the reverse
> order, which is confusing them and breaking automated,
> key-based login.
> >
> > I need to take current ssh server behavior (rsa, then
> dss) and change it back to the old order (dss, then rsa).
>
> Have you attempted to change that order via sshd_config and
> placing the
> DSA directive before the RSA one ?

sshd_config has no such config directive.  ssh_config does, but that's for
clients, and I have no way to interact with the clients.

It would indeed be very nice if this key order, which seems like a prime
candidate for configuration, was a configurable option in sshd_config, but it
is not.

I am fairly certain that I need to hack up some source files, and I thought I
had it with myproposal.h (see link in OP) but there must be more, because that
small change does not fix things...