Ryan Stone <ryst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Andriy Gapon <a...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > In this vein it might make sense to enable KTR and KTR_SCHED in GENERIC.
>
> KTR_SCHED comes with a performance hit.  Besides, with the DTrace
> sched provider that I committed this month (and MFC'ed yesterday) you
> can collect schedgraph data with a D script.

Unfortunately DTrace's timestamp itself doesn't always
work reliably on FreeBSD, and schedgraph.d depends on it.

On my system DTrace's timestamp seems to work with
kern.timecounter.hardware=HPET and dev.cpu.0.cx_lowest=C2
(or C1) but seems to tick much too slow with dev.cpu.0.cx_lowest=C3:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-August/026710.html

Fabian