On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:56:02 pm Mark Felder wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2012 12:17:07 -0500, John Baldwin <j...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>

> > Humm, can you test it with 2 CPUs?
> >

> We primarily only run with 1 CPU. We have seen it crash on multiple CPU
> VMs. Also, Dane Foster appeared to have been using multiple CPUs in his
> video transcoding VMs.
>
> Unfortunately I can't give you more information at the moment. I'm working
> with Dane to compile easy to follow steps that recreate this failure. I
> have not been successful in getting this to crash on demand in my
> environment, but Dane has so we're trying to recreate his.

Ok.  It would be really helpful if we could get a crashdump, though I realize
that may not be doable.  Otherwise, full DDB ps output from a hang would be a
good start.  Primarily I would want to see what the system is doing and why it
isn't running the threads on the run queue.  It might also be useful to add
KTR_SCHED tracing so we can get the output of that via 'show ktr' from DDB
when it hangs.

--
John Baldwin